Melissa Levine-Piro, Esq
Firm Manager, Family Law Mediation, Guardian ad Litem, Discovery Master
J.D., New England School of Law
B.A., University of Alabama
Melissa Levine-Piro is the firm founder. Melissa primarily manages the firm, but does take a limited number of mediation cases. Melissa also serves as Guardian ad Litem and Discovery Master in Family Court.
LEADERSHIP ROLES & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Selectman, Town of Maynard, MA. Elected for term of July, 2017 – June, 2020
- Fellow, American Bar Association, Law Practice Division, October 2017-Septemebr 2018
- Outside Counsel & Mastermind Adviser, Veteran Business Owners Initiative. 2013 – present. VA Hospital programs in MA and NH training veterans to open businesses
- Co-President, Maynard Business Alliance. Member, 2012 – present; Co-President 2014 – 2018; Vice President 2020
- Member, Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, 2014 – present
- Member, Massachusetts CLE Practice Management Curriculum Advisory Committee, 2016 – present
- Member, Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council, 2016 – present
HONORS AND AWARDS
Thomson Reuters Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2015-2020. “Young lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.” Each year no more than 2.5% of attorneys in Massachusetts are selected to receive this honor.
Middlesex West Chamber of Commerce, Rising Star, 2013. “An individual business person under the age of 40 who has made, or is making, significant contributions to the welfare of his/her community through involvement and participation; who is demonstrating excellence in business and community leadership.”
Worcester Business Journal, Top 10 to Watch, 2013. “Key leaders in the region who help to drive the economic engine of MetroWest.” Read the article here.
- Chapter on Fees and Billing, MCLE Hanging Your Shingle (Published 2017, revised 2020).
- Managing Diversity and Multigenerational Issue by Managing Growth and Change in Your Firm, ABA Techshow Chicago, 2018
- Starting and Managing a Law Practice, Masterminding the Business and Financial Profile of Your Practice, MCLE, January 2015.
- The Ceiling that Just Won’t Shatter, Mass Lawyers Weekly, November 2016, http://masslawyersweekly.com/2016/11/16/the-ceiling-that-just-wont-shatter/
- August 22, 2020, Panelist: Become a Zoom Master, MCLE
- March 9, 2018, Managing Diversity and Multigenerational Issue by Managing Growth and Change in Your Firm, ABA Techshow Chicago
- June 22, 2017, Panelist: Practical Marketing: Stories from the Trenches, 7th Annual Super Marketing Conference.
- June 4, 2015, Panelist: Top Tips for Marketing a New Law Practice Panel Discussion, 5th Annual Super Marketing Conference.
- January 2015, Program chair for MCLE’s Masterminding the Business and Financial Profile of Your Practice.
CURRENT ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS AND INVOLVEMENT
American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston Bar Association, Women’s Bar Association, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, MA Bar Starting Out Solo, Women’s Bar Foundation: Pro Bono Attorney.