Why do you need a car accident attorney? 5 Reasons to call a lawyer if you’ve been in an auto accident.
- Recovering from a car crash is stressful enough. No one expects to be in a car accident, and it’s not something you can plan for. In the wake of an auto accident, you need to focus on your recovery. This means prioritizing self-care, getting to all your medical appointments, physical therapy sessions, and any alternative or holistic treatments you pursue. This means resting if you need to rest, and staying home from work if your doctor advises it. When dealing with serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence, you come first. The experienced attorneys at Levine-Piro Law, P.C. keep in contact with you about your medical care and progress, obtain your medical records and bills, and handle all correspondence with insurance companies from your first meeting with us all the way through to the resolution of your case. We know recovering is stressful, so we take as much off your plate as we can so you can focus on getting better.
- There are intricate laws governing car accident cases. From deadlines and requirements to file police reports, to the laws governing “personal injury protection” insurance, to rules about who’s at fault in a car accident, to the statute of limitations, there is a laundry list of legal factors that go into the successful resolution of your car accident case. Could you spend hours researching these complex laws and regulations? Maybe. But you don’t have to – the personal injury attorneys at Levine-Piro Law, P.C. know how to navigate the laws affecting your case to ensure maximum compensation for you.
- Insurance companies put their interests first, not yours. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses. Even friendly claims adjusters are under the gun to keep settlements low and pay out as little as possible to you. If you go it alone, you may not get the compensation you deserve. For example, insurance companies have begun using the severity of the damage to your vehicle as a determining factor in how much they are willing to pay out in settlement. This is an outrageous practice that unfairly deprives compensation to those who have been injured in car crashes. Do not trust insurance companies on your own. Instead, schedule a consultation with one of the personal injury attorneys at Levine-Piro Law, P.C.
- You may not know what treatment to get or how to talk to your doctor. In the aftermath of a car accident, you may require emergency treatment, surgery, physical therapy, and more. Many people try to “tough it out.” This is the worst thing you can do. Not only are you compromising your recovery, but you may also be damaging your legal case. The car accident attorneys at Levine-Piro Law, P.C. can guide you through your treatment, make suggestions about how to explain your pain and suffering to your doctor, and provide referrals to chiropractors, acupuncturists, and physical therapists who understand how to treat car accident victims.
- Not all car accident cases settle before litigation. Nearly all car accident cases will settle within several months of you finishing your medical treatment – but not all will. If an insurance company contests liability or low-balls your settlement, you may need to file in court to preserve your rights, and you may need to go all the way to trial to get the compensation you deserve. The personal injury attorneys at Levine-Piro Law, P.C. are experienced litigators. We will draft all your legal papers, appear for you at all court events, and prepare your case for trial if necessary. It is important to consult with a car accident attorney at the earliest possible instance to position your case for success in court if needed.
If you or anyone you know has been injured in a car accident, contact Levine-Piro, P.C. to schedule a free consultation.